Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Proposition 8

Yesterday, we got to work in class on our research papers. I had picked out teenage pregnancies in the beginning because I thought it would be a very informative paper, and it was something I didn't know much about but wanted to learn.  Before going into class yesterday, though, I had tried to find research on this including statistics from the U.S. on the number of pregnant girls and surprisingly, it was very hard to find. So... after talking to Deanna, I decided to switch my research topic to the new Proposition 8 bill that was recently passed in California - which bans gays from being married and also nulls the marriages licenses given out previous years. This is a HUGE controversy right now, and would be great to learn more about!!

No comments:

Post a Comment